GST Annual Return FY 2021-22
In accordance with rule 80 of the CGST Rules, 2017, everyone who is registered with the CGST Rules, 2017 is required to file a GST Annual Return for every financial year on or before 31st December in the subsequent financial year. The last day for making the GST Annual Returns for the FY 2021-22 will be 31- 12-2022.
Form to be used for filing the annual GST return
Form GSTR-9 to be used to submit GST annual returns, registered taxpayers who are regular taxpayers, which includes SEZ units as well as SEZ developers. Taxpayers are required to give details of the purchase and sales, as well as tax credits for inputs, refunds requested or demand generated etc. in this tax return.
GST9 annual return is mandatory
Gst Annual returns must be filed by all taxpayers who’s total turnover is greater than INR 2 crore per year. However, GSTR 9 is exempt for taxpayers whose annual amount of turnover falls below two crore. Additionally, a self-certified declaration in GSTR 9C must be submitted by taxpayers whose total turnover is greater than INR five crore.
Gst Annual tax Exemption Notification
Vide Notification No. 31/2021-Central Tax Date: 30th July 2021. CBIC excludes person who is registered whose total turnover is below Rs.2 Crore from the fiscal period 2020-21 and beyond.
How to file the Gst Annual Return
- Login to GST and Navigate to Form GSTR-9 – Annual Return for Normal Taxpayer.
- Download Form GSTR-1, Form GSTR-3B and Form GSTR-9 Summary.
- Enter details in various tiles.
- Preview Draft Form GSTR-9 Summary.
- Compute Liabilities as well as Pay late fees, if there are any.
- Preview Draft Form GSTR-9.
- Fill out Form GSTR-9 with DSCor EVC
Gst priced high if delayed late returns
According to Section 47(2) in the Central Goods and Service Tax Act (2017) in the Central Goods and Service Tax Act (2017), a person can be penalized with an fine of 100 INR per calendar day under the CGST Act + INR 100 per day under the SGST (or SGST) The Act until GST returns are filed.
So, the total obligation is 200 rupees per day for default. The amount is up to a maximum of 0.25 percent of the total revenue of the taxpayer.
FAQ on GST Annual Return
1. What is Form GSTR-9?
Form GSTR-9 is a return for the year to be submitted once every financial year by registered taxpayers who are regular taxpayers including SEZ units as well as SEZ developers. The taxpayers must include details of their purchase, sale, input tax credit or refund requested or demand generated and so on. on this form.
2. Who must file the Annual Returns on the GSTR-9 Form?
Form GSTR-9 must be completed by any person with the status of a regular taxpayer, which includes SEZ units or SEZ developer as well as taxpayers who have changed their status from the composition scheme to become a regular taxpayer at any point during the fiscal year.
- Composition taxpayers may file their Annual Returns on Form GSTR-9A.
- Annual Returns are not required to be submitted by non-resident taxpayers or casual taxpayers. resident taxpayers, ISDs or OIDAR Service Providers.
3. How can you tell the differences between GSTR-9 Form and GSTR-9C?
Form GSTR-9 must be submitted by all taxpayers that is registered as a normal taxpayer. However, certain classes of taxpayers are exempt of filing the Form GSTR-9 through Notifications issued by the Government of India from time from time to time.
Form GSTR-9C must be submitted by each taxpayer whose total turnover exceeds Rs.5 Crore during the financial year, as announced through Notifications issued by the Government of India from time to time. These taxpayers must have their accounts reviewed and self-certified with a reconciliation statement by the company’s owner. They also must submit the audited annual accounts as well as a reconciliation statement.
4. Do I have to submit GSTR-9 form?
Yes, it’s required to file Form GSTR-9 on behalf of regular taxpayers.
5. If I’m a normal or normal taxpayer or composition taxpayer for the some time during the fiscal year. Do I have to fill out Form GSTR-9, and Form GSTR-9A?
It is mandatory to complete both Form GSTR-9 and Form GSTR-9A, during the appropriate time of normal tax filer.
The time during which the taxpayer was in the composition taxpayer the Form GSTR-9A has to be completed. In addition, for the period during where the taxpayer is registered as a normal taxpayer GSTR-9 forms are required to be completed.
6. I was able to cancel my registration during the fiscal year. Do I have to fill out Form GSTR-9?
Yes, you are require to file the GSTR 9, 9A, regardless of whether the taxpayer been able to cancel his registration during the financial year.
7. I’ve chosen to go with the composition scheme for the current financial year. Do I have to fill out GSTR-9 form?
Taxpayers who opt for the composition scheme must submit Form GSTR-9 for the time the scheme was in effect as a regular taxpayer.
8. I chose composition scheme during the financial year. Do I have to fill out Form GSTR-9?
Taxpayer who have opted out from the composition scheme during the relevant financial year is required to file Form GSTR-9 for the period they paid the tax at normal rates.
9. What are the requirements to file Form GSTR-9?
The conditions for filing Form GSTR-9 include:
- Taxpayers must have an active GSTIN throughout the relevant fiscal year as a regular taxpayer, even for just one day.
- Taxpayers have filed the required tax returns i.e. Form GSTR-1 and Form GSTR-3B for the relevant financial year prior to filing their Annual Return.
10. Do I have to file a nil Form GSTR-9?
The GSTR-9 Form is not required to file for your financial year, if one of the following:
- Not made any supply to the outside (commonly referred to as sale) NOT made any outward supply (commonly referred to as sale)
- Not received any goods or services (commonly referred to as purchase) OR
- No other liabilities to disclose;
- Not claimed any credit; and
- Have not claimed any refund. and
- There is no order that has created a demand.
- The late charge is not due that must be paid or otherwise.
11. Where can the taxpayer fill out GSTR-9 form?
Go into the Services tab, Returns and Returns. Click Annual Return to fill out Form GSTR-9.
12. Does anyone know of an Offline Tool for filing Form GSTR-9?
Yes. Form GSTR-9 return forms can be completed using the offline tools. Click at TeamIndia.co.in for details.
13. What date do I have to file the Form GSTR-9?
The deadline for filing Form GSTR-9 for any particular financial year is the 31st day of December of the next financial year, or when extended by Government by announcements from time to time.
14. The date for filing for Form GSTR-9 get extended?
Yes, the filing date of Form GSTR-9 may be extended by the Government via announcement.
15. The form GSTR-9 return has to be filed to be filed at the entity the level, or at GSTIN?
The form GSTR-9 return has to be filed to be submitted on GSTIN at the GSTIN level i.e. every registration. If the taxpayer has received multiple GST registrations under the same PAN within the same state or in different States the taxpayer is required to file an annual return for each registration independently, in the event that it is the case that the GSTIN is registered under the status of a regular taxpayer for an amount of time during the financial year , or for all of the financial year.
16. I haven’t filled out all of my required return(s)and statement(s) throughout the fiscal year. However, I can still file an the annual return and not file those relevant return(s)or statement(s )?
No. You are not able to file a return on Form GSTR-9 if you have not filed Form GSTR-1 and Form STR-3B for all applicable times during the year of financial reporting.
17. What tables of Form GSTR-9 do the information are required to be entered?
Information must be included in GSTR-9 form in these tables
1. 4.Details about advances and supplies outward and inward that were made during the year for which tax is due To enter or review the report of inward and outward supplies that were made during the fiscal year.
2. 5.Details of outward supplies that are made during the year in which tax is not due To access/view the summaries of non-taxable outward supply made during the financial year.
3. 6.Details about ITC available during the financial year to enter or look up the summary of ITC that was availed in the financial year.
4. 7.Details about ITC that are reversed or ineligible ITC for the fiscal year To access or review the list of ITC that is ineligible or reversed for the financial year.
5. 8. Additional ITC associated information. Access and look up the ITC available during the financial year.
6. 9.Details on tax amounts in the returns submitted in the course of the financial year In order to enter/ look up the tax (including interest, late fee Penalty and Other) that was paid in the financial year
7. 10,11,12, and 13 details of the previous year’s transactions that will be reported in the next Financial Year: To access/view the summary of the transactions to be reported for the subsequent financial year
8. 14. Taxes on differentials paid in the course of declaration in table. 10 and 11: To access/view the tax total to be paid on transactions that are reported in the next financial year
9. 15. Specifics of Demands and Refunds to view or enter specifics of requests and refunds in the course of the financial year.
10. 16. Supply are received by Composition taxpayers as well as deemed supply made by job-related worker and items shipped to the customer on approval basis: access/view the summary of the supplies obtained from Composition taxpayers and deemed supply by job worker , and items delivered on an approval basis
11. 17. HSN wise summary of Outward Supplies to view or access HSN wise summary of supplies outward made during the fiscal year.
12. 18. Summary of HSN’s inward Supplies: To access or view HSN’s wise summary of the inward supplies received throughout the fiscal year.
18. Do I have to fill in the latest information in all tables of Form GSTR-9 prior the filing date?
You are required to supply information and update it only in tables that relate to your company
19. What tables on Form GSTR-9 have auto-populated data from GSTR-1 filed as well as Form GSTR-3B?
Below , in Form GSTR-9, are tables that contains auto-populated information, derived from Form GSTR-1 already filed and Form GSTR-3B for the financial year in question:
- 4. Information on advances, outward and inward supplies that were made during the financial year in which tax is due
- 5. Details of outward supplies that were made during the fiscal year for which no tax is due
- 6.A The total amount for the input tax credit that can be claimed through FORM GSTR-3B (sum total of Table 4A in the FORM GSTR-3B)
- 6G- Tax Credit for Input received from ISD
- 6K-Transition Credit by TRAN I (including revisions, if there are any)
- 6L- Transition Credit via TRAN-II
- 9. Information on tax paid reported in tax returns made during the year’s financial year.
20. Which table on GSTR-9 Form has data auto-populated that is derived from the Form GSTR-2A?
Below table on Form GSTR-9 is auto-populated with data from Form GSTR-2A from this year’s financial year.
- Table number. 8A ITC in accordance with GSTR-2A (Table 3 and 5 of)
21. Can I modify auto-populated data from Form GSTR-1 filed and GSTR-3B on GSTR-9?
Yes, you can modify the auto-populated data that is filed on Form GSTR-1 as well as GSTR-3B, in Form GSTR-9, with the exception of the tables below:
- Table number. 6A Total amount of the tax credit for inputs that are available through GSTR-3B FORM (sum of Table 4A in the GSTR-3B FORM)
- Table number. 8A ITC in accordance with GSTR-2A (Table 3 and 5 of)
- Table number. 9: Information on tax paid in return submitted for the fiscal calendar year (Except Tax payable column)
22. Do I need to input two digit codes for HSN in the form GSTR-9?
Yes, you can input two-digit code for any HSN codes that begin with the code 99 in the form GSTR-9.
Note for HSN codes that begin with 99, you’re not required to supply UQC and Qty data.
23. Can I enter negative amount in Form GSTR-9?
Yes, you can put in a negative amounts on Form GSTR-9.
24. Can I download the system computed values from Form GSTR-9?
Taxpayers can download the system-calculated value for the Form GSTR-9 into PDF format. This will enable the taxpayer in using it for reference when filling out Form GSTR-9.
25. The consolidated summary of Form GSTR-1 be accessible for returns that are that are filed during the fiscal year?
Yes. The condensed summary of all the filed GSTR-1 form statements for the financial year in question can be downloaded in the format of PDF.
Go towards Service > Returns > Yearly Return Form GSTR-9 (PREPARE ONLINE) > GSTR-1 SUMMARY DOWNLOAD (PDF) option.
26. The consolidated summary of Form GSTR-3B become available for returns that are that are filed during the fiscal year?
Yes. A condensed summary of all returns submitted on Form GSTR-3B for the relevant year’s financial year can be downloaded in PDF format.
Go towards services > returns > annual return Form GSTR-9 (PREPARE ONLINE) > DOWNLOAD GSTR-3B Summary (PDF) option.
27. Do I have the ability to download the document specifics of Form GSTR-2A that is used to calculate the values from Table 8A of GSTR-9 Form?
Yes, taxpayers can download the document specific information of Form GSTR-2A that was used for the calculation of the table 8A on Form GSTR-9 and in Excel format. The information for the Table B2B, B2BA, CDNR and CDRA will be included in the excel file downloaded. This will aid taxpayers in reconciling the table 8A values and assist in filling out Form GSTR-9.
Go to services > returns > annual Returns Form GSTR-9 (PREPARE ONLINE) > Download Table 8A Document Details option.
If the Excel file size is large, the excel file will be accessible in multiple parts to ensure that documents can be downloaded easily.
28. Which table’s details are included in the spreadsheet from Form GSTR-2A?
The information for Table B2B, B2BA CDNR and CDNRA are available in the Excel spreadsheet that can be downloaded. This will aid taxpayers in reconciling the data from Table 8A and can be used to fill out the form GSTR-9.
29. Can I edit the details after clicking on the “Proceed To file” button?
Yes. You are able to modify or alter the information before filing GSTR-9 form. However, the data that is auto-populated cannot be edited for the following fields.
* Table number. 6A The total amount of the tax credits for inputs that are available through the Form GSTR-3B (sum total of Table 4A on Form GSTR-3B)
* Table number. 8A ITC in accordance with the GSTR-2A form (Table 3 and 5 of).
* Table number. 9. (Except Tax payable column)
30. What happens next after the COMPUTE LIABILITIES button has been clicked?
When the COMPUTE LIABILITY button clicks, information in different tables are processed by the GST Portal at the back end, and late fees, if they exist and if any, are calculated. Late fee is calculated the delay is caused by filing the annual return past the due date.
31. Is there a late fee for late submission of GSTR-9 Form?
Yes there is an additional late fee for submission of Form GSTR-9 past the deadline.
32. When does the “Late fee payable and paid” tile on Form GSTR-9 is enabled, what happens?
When Form GSTR-9 is ready to File and liabilities have been determined 19. Late fee due and paid tile is allowed to file Form GSTR-9 for the taxpayer.
33. Can I file the Form GSTR-9 return and not pay the late fee (if applicable)? )?
No. Form GSTR-9 cannot be filed without paying the late fees for Form GSTR-9.
34. Is there a way to pay a different amount than the late fee (if appropriate) on GSTR-9 form?
Once you have filed your return on Form GSTR-9, you will be provided with the link to access the form GST DRC-3 to make taxes and other taxes, if applicable. Additional payments is possible using the GST DRC-3 form GST DRC-3, but only via using the Electronic Cash Ledger.
35. On Form GSTR-9, may additional liabilities not reported previously in Form GSTR-3B have to be declared?
Any additional liability that was not previously reported when you file Form GSTR-3B is possible to declare on Form GSTR-9. The additional liabilities declared on Form GSTR-3B is to be paid via GST DRC-03. GST DRC-03.
36. Can I claim or report not claimed ITC on my Annual Return?
No. You are not able to claim ITC on Form GSTR-9.
37. What should I do if the cash balance in the Electronic Cash Ledger is less than the amount that is needed to cover the debts?
The balance of cash available as of date recorded in Electronic Cash Ledger is shown to the taxpayer in the “Cash Ledger Balance” table. If the cash balance available in the Electronic Cash Ledger is less than the amount needed to cover the liability the additional cash needed in order to pay the taxpayer is displayed as “Additional Cash Required” column. You can make a challan to receive the cash by pressing the CREATE CHALLAN button.
38. when “FILE GSTR-9” button gets activated?
The File button will be enabled If you’ve got
- There is no ‘Additional Cash (which) is necessary’ to pay late fees, if there are any.
- Clicked the ‘Preview Draft of GSTR-9 PDF’ link to view the information you entered.
- You have clicked on the declaration checkbox and then selected signed authorization information from the drop-down menu.
39. Do we need to click “Preview Draft GSTR-9 Excel” button to enable “FILE GSTR-9” button?
It is not necessary to click the “Preview Draft GSTR-9 Excel” button to activate “FILE GSTR-9” button for the filing of returns.
40. What are the methods of filling out Form GSTR-9?
It is possible to file Form GSTR-9 by using DSC as well as EVC.
(a) Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) are the digital version (that is an electronic format) of paper or other physical certificates. A digital certificate may be used electronically to prove the identity of a person, access information or services via the Internet or authenticate certain documents electronically. For India, DSC are issued by Certifying Authorities.
The GST Portal will only accept PAN that is based on DSC classes II as well as III DSC.
(b) Electronic Verification Code (EVC)
The Electronic Verification Code (EVC) authenticates the identity of the user on GST Portal. GST Portal by producing an OTP. The OTP is delivered to the mobile number registered on the mobile of the Authorized Signatory completed in the section A on the Application for Registration.
41. I’m receiving an error message that says the records are being processed or being processed in error when making Form GSTR-9. What can I do?
If records (or information that was submitted when filling out Form GSTR-9) are being processed in error or are being processed on the other end of the line, a message of warning is displayed. If the records remain in the process of being processed then wait for processing to complete in the background. If records are being processed in error Go back to Form GSTR-9 to take action on the records in order to make corrections.
42. Do I have the opportunity to preview Form GSTR-9 prior to filing?
Yes, you are able to download or view the draft of Form GSTR-9 both in pdf and Excel format by clicking on the ‘PREVIEW DRAFT GSTR-9 (PDF) and the ‘PREVIEW DRAFT (EXCEL) the button prior to making the Form GSTR-9 available on GST Portal. GST Portal.
43. Can I revise Form GSTR-9 return after filing?
There is no way to revise Form GSTR-9 after you file it.
44. What happens once the GSTR-9 form is completed?
When Form GSTR-9 has been submitted:
- ARN is generated upon an effective filing of the return on Form GSTR-9.
- An email and SMS sends to the taxpayer’s mobile via his registered mobile number and email address.
- Electronic cash ledger as well as electronic Liability Register Part-I will get updated on successful set-off of liabilities (Late fee only).
- The GSTR-9 file is available to download or view in PDF as well as Excel format.
Hello, Now time for you GST annual return filing. to file for the fiscal year 2021-22. Contact us with any questions regarding your GST and its annual return. for more about GSTR reach here at TeamINFilings